Monday, April 5, 2010

Tuesday

Porter is doing better, but still struggling. I'm not sure if it's the medication making him feel down or if he's still feeling sick, but he's just not quite himself. We had a difficult drop off at school today, and his teachers said he was subdued. I'm just hoping he stops waking up at night soon, because we are all tired, plus Molly is sick now too.

I just love that guy that works the front door at Costco. He is so funny and Molly loves him. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

The amount of Easter candy currently in our house is ridiculous. I really want to just throw it all away, but can't quite bring myself to do it.

I am so excited that we finally have Photoshop, but it has been sitting on the desk uninstalled for two weeks now. I need to get on it.

I forgot to customize my CSA box this week, and I am getting a lot of greens. I do love my greens, but no one else here has exactly the same feelings for them. We are getting salad mix, braising mix (chard and the like), and arugula. I need some new ideas!

I'm Cooking: Last night I made soup from the leftover ham bone. I really don't have a recipe, but I cut off what ham I could, then cooked the bone with chicken broth, thyme, onions, carrots, lentils, potatoes and zucchini. Then added the ham back in at the end. Sort of split pea soup-ish with vegetables. The kids didn't really eat it, but Bryce and I thought it was delicious.



1 comment:

  1. Super belated, but I love braising chard with shallots and chicken stock. Lily gobbles it up.

    ReplyDelete