Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer

A few more pictures from our hot, sunny summer. As opposed to our not so warm, pouring rain summer.





I'm Cooking: I made my favorite Smoked Salmon Dip with our new smoked salmon. Fabulous as always. Also, today I made the Chocolate Fondue from Deceptively Delicious (the Jessica Seinfeld cookbook). Although I have mixed thoughts on hiding vegetables, my kids loved this. It does have sugar, but I also fit in a whole avocado and three carrots. Not too shabby. The kids ate a ton of fruit dipped into it (and I might have eaten some too).

Chocolate Fondue
adapted from Deceptively Delicious

1 tablespoon butter
1 medium avocado, pureed smooth
2 or 3 carrots, steamed and pureed
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla

Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan. Add all other ingredients and whisk until smooth. Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment