Thursday, May 19, 2011

Into the Swing of Summer

Bryce is back to work seven days a week and long into the evening now. School is over for us, and although summer is a great time here to lounge on the beach and walk in the woods, we also need a schedule of sorts or we all go crazy. I will admit it's been hard so far with Cedar in tow. Everything seems to take five times as long. Getting in and out of the car really tests my patience. And after a month long hiatus (thanks to my mom and lovely, lovely friends) I've had to start cooking again. I hate to say it like that because I love cooking. But Cedar would prefer to just sit on the couch and nurse constantly from the hours of about five until ten at night. Which I wouldn't mind doing if I didn't have two other kids and we didn't have to eat (or bathe or get to bed). So I've been doing a lot of easy meals, and meals that I can do most of the prep for in the afternoon. It hasn't been horrible, but I'm always looking for new ideas. I did try a new coleslaw recipe the other day that was pretty good, something a little different. And on Bryce's birthday I made another North Douglas Chocolate Cake. It turned out just as good as the first time! Yum.








And speaking of lovely friends, I received this from my wonderfully talented friend Amy after Cedar was born. This picture doesn't do it justice at all, but it is my new favorite thing. The kids love it too, an egg for each of them. I get compliments every time I wear it. Thanks Amy!







1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm so glad you like it! Hope it made up for the inedible dinner I brought by. And I'm so excited to see you and Cedar and Molly and Porter tomorrow! It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete