Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend

We had a pretty good weekend here, a bit of the stomach flu notwithstanding. We got to see fireworks up at the ski hill and hang out with friends. We also took the guinea pigs from Porter's preschool home for the three days, and Molly was ecstatic. She doesn't look it here, but I promise you she was. Even Dawson seemed to like them, and although it didn't make me reconsider my no rodents policy, it was really fun to have them here.

We also got a good chunk of snow, and Bryce and Porter built an igloo in the backyard. It's impressive, and I think is going to be a fixture for some time to come.

The snowy weather on Saturday seemed to call for some fresh baked cookies, so I tried a new recipe, Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. Wow. I used less chocolate than this recipe calls for, and they were still super rich and tasty. Definitely a keeper.

So far, Porter is the only one of us to be stricken with the stomach sickness, and he seems better already. Fingers crossed it stays that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment