Friday, February 18, 2011

The Afternoon Slump

Molly still naps reliably every afternoon for at least several hours. This is a vital part of everyone's sanity around here. It's also when I clean the house, have some down time with Porter, blog, and get pretty much everything else done. Lately though, no matter how much sleep I get, right around 2pm I feel like someone has slipped an Ambien in my drink. The heavy eyelids, the arms and legs that weigh 50 pounds, the feeling like my nice soft bed is heaven on earth. And if I sit down on the couch, it's all over. Part of me wants to give in. But the other part knows that it certainly isn't going to get any easier to get anything done once the baby gets here. Nor am I going to be any less tired.

I can do this, right?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You can definitely do this! And sometimes if you need to take a cat nap on the couch and then drink some caffeinated tea and possibly neglect some other chores, I think that's okay. You are more than seven months pregnant; you don't have to feel guilty about resting.

    ReplyDelete