Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Six Months!

Cedar is half a year old today. This inspired me to look back on photos of Molly and Porter when they were six months old, and the differences were amazing. There is one of Porter where he appears to be sitting up unassisted, and it seems impossible, but I can't figure out how he is propped unseen. In my pictures of Molly, she appears to be crawling, or at least trying very hard. Cedar is nothing like either one of them! She can roll over, but seldom does, she seems happy in one place, with no real desire to move. She is content and happy to just snuggle and watch everything that goes on around her. If you look at her at all, she gives you the biggest smile, every single time. I am grateful that my third baby is turning out to be my easiest, most laid back one of all. At least so far. Happy half birthday babe! We are so happy you're here.



And just for fun, Porter and Molly at the same age. All in hats.







On another note, I made this Potato and Carrot Soup last night. Comfort food, perfect for fall. All ingredients you are likely to have on hand. Delish!




3 comments:

  1. I just checked out the recipe - so did you do the veggie version or did you use chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce? I'm just curious. I just dug up 100 or so pounds of potatoes and 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket of carrots so this recipe does have some appeal. Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing is certain--all of my grandchildren look different from one another. You may have been more like Cedar. I really love them all and wish I could be there more often. Thanks for all the pictures.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick, I used chicken stock just because that's what I had. And diced the veggies small instead of shredding. But otherwise followed the veggie recipe.

    ReplyDelete