Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Smoked Salmon

Bryce has been a busy fisherman this summer (with what time he has anyway), and the salmon have been jumping into our boat. I've been smoking a lot of the catch, and experimenting with different recipes. I think my favorite smoked salmon is still pretty basic, brining in brown sugar, salt and soy sauce. It is beautiful.

And last night, I think I found my favorite smoked salmon pasta recipe yet. I fooled around with it a bit, adding broccoli and increasing the amounts of just about everything. I thought it came out just right, with a hint of creaminess, but not an overpowering sauce. My kids loved it, and so did we.

And finally, to pander to my audience a bit as well...














2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Cedar. What an expressive face! I also think your smoked salmon is the best I've ever tasted. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie patooty... the 2nd pic, is it a smile or is it gas? who cares, it's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete