Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ghosts of Christmas Past

In light of Cedar's reaction to Santa, I found myself revisiting the horror I have inflicted on my other children in much the same manner.  I still find it very funny.  I also find it amazing how big Porter is compared to that picture of him screaming on Santa's lap.  This year, he still didn't really want to go near the big guy, but he really wanted to let him know that he wanted a marble run for Christmas.  He knew he had to break through the apprehension in order to do so, and he did.  He's come a long way!

This time of year, I also often find myself busy and stressed and tired and not enjoying what really is a very fun time of year (Santa notwithstanding).  I realized today, with the kids young like this, with their belief in Santa still holding, that this Christmas and the next few will probably be the best ones of my entire life.  There really isn't anything better than seeing this season through their eyes.  So I'm going to try to chill out and have fun with my family.  I am so lucky to have them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment