Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Potty

The potty pretty much rules our lives these days, and I have mixed feelings about it. When I did this with Porter, it was tough, but it felt like do or die. He was older, and Molly was due to arrive soon, and I felt like he really was ready. I wasn't going to give up until it was done. But this time? Meh. Molly is so much easier in many ways. She likes using the toilet and is willing and doesn't need a bribe to do it. But she's just young. She doesn't poop in her pants, and I'm not too worried about that, but good Lord, I change her pants like 16 times a day and we spend hours in the bathroom. I find that if I remind her about every 15 minutes, then she is okay. But that just doesn't happen, like ever, so we have a lot of wet pants. She will go on her own sometimes, but I often just find her with wet pants. It's not the end of the world, but I'm wondering if it's worth it. The other day, I actually ran out of clean pants for her and had to put her in shorts. In 30 degree weather. And this girl has a lot of pants. I'm sort of tempted to just put her back in diapers and let her go when she wants. Any opinions? Is this just how it goes for awhile and I'm blocking out all the memories from two years ago? Or should she not be having accidents all the live long day if she is ready? I really don't know.

I'm Cooking: I made this pasta again last night with bacon and greens. This one is a favorite at our house, and it's so easy that I tend to make if often. Last night instead of Parmesan I used this cheese though. And it was superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment