Friday, June 11, 2010

On The Road (Expanded)

So, yes, good times here in the (not so) far south. As far as the airplane, 18 months has just got to be the worst age of kid to fly with. They don't want to watch a movie and they don't want to sit in your lap and they don't want to sleep and arrrrrrrgggh. Thank you business man for giving me the stink eye. It really helped. Also, Porter gets airsick during turbulence. He always has. Our quick flight from Seattle was very bumpy, and my poor guy was green. This time though, for the first time ever in his life, he managed to get it all in the little airsickness bag. And not all over me, the seat, the aisle or a random stranger's luggage (yes, really, fun times there). He's growing up! Anyway, it could totally have been worse, but I was pretty dang glad to have that part of our trip over with.


Now that we are at my parent's house, life is fairly uneventful. My sister is out of town at a wedding, and I've been watching my niece and my two kids here during the day while my parents are at work. The babies have been really good for the most part, and Porter has been doing all manner of cool things with his grandma like a Rose Festival Parade, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, and going to the movies. There seems to be an endless array of fun things to do in the big city, and it's a wonderful place to visit. This weekend holds more family events (I get to see my baby nephew for the second time ever!) and some quality time with old girl friends. I can't wait.


Also, happy birthday Mom!! You're the best!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad i am not the only one that feels that way about flying with a 18 month old. KAde is 19 months and I would love to go home for a visit but i just can't handle the thought of being in an airplane with 2 kids for 14 hours....and one of them being 18 months!!!!

    Enjoy your trip "home".

    ReplyDelete