Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday

It's been a long week here. I'm not sure why, considering Monday was a holiday, but it has just gone on and on. For whatever reason, I am just at the end of my rope. Molly starts fighting me on a diaper change or I walk into a room to find a huge mess on the floor (both common and fairly minor offenses), I feel the anger rising in my throat, and I find it way too hard to just have some dang perspective.

Porter and I had a several hour long battle last night about cleaning his room. It just got to this ridiculous point with me screaming empty threats and being totally inappropriately impatient with Molly and cracking a beer at 4pm. Ugh. Anyway, I think what we all need (besides getting rid of half of those damn toys) is a break. The good news is we are leaving to go down south on Tuesday to see my family. I hope they are ready!

On a nicer note...


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like our house! I always worry that all the discarded toys end up in a huge gyre out in the middle of the ocean. I also believe that the more toys kids have the less they appreciate them. That said I find it impossible to keep them out of the house.

    Beer helps.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete