Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cheeky

Porter: Mom, you know what?
Me: What?
Porter: That's what chicken butt. (insert insane laughter)

If I have this exchange one more time I'm going to lose my ever loving mind. Thank you Bryce.

Also, I bought a bag of fun size candy bars as a special treat for our camping trip. We didn't end up eating many, so now they are in my kitchen cabinet. I don't buy things like that often, and Porter surely knows exactly where they are. He asked me this morning if he could have one. I said no, but he could have one after dinner if he was good. And then two minutes later, I walked into the kitchen and found him on the kitchen counter, bag in hand, a candy bar hanging out of his mouth. This kind of disobedience drives me mad, and I FREAKED OUT. After a lengthy stint in his room and yelling and talking and all that, he said he was sorry, but honestly I got the feeling that deep down it had all been worth it to him. I'm not sure what to do with that.

But it did get me thinking. Who took my sweet little boy and replaced him with this dirty, cheeky four year old??






7 comments:

  1. Jessy- I could have written this post by just changing the "joke" and the "crime". Stuff like that drives me crazy too, and it is beyond frustrating to know that they aren't truly sorry. As in, if given the chance they'd do it again. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am totally going through the same thing and often wonder who replaced my baby with this boy who is mostly wonderful, but can also blow my mind with his stunts. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad told me that when he was a little boy his mother made a batch of fudge and told him he couldn't eat it or he'd get in trouble. So, he weighed the consequences against the actual heartbreak of getting in trouble, and he decided it was worth it to eat the fudge. Our grandson is just using his logic, just like his grandpa. He's growing up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweet woman. I feel you. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It's good to know that, at the very least, I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! I know it's hard on you, but as an outsider with a still sweet obedient baby, it makes me laugh so hard. I love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jessy - I feel your pain. Same boat, here with Ava. We are at the end or our rope with that one!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here Jessy. Keira is always doing something she's not supposed to do and even if I yell, spank or take something away...she laughs at me. Talk about reaching a boiling point.

    ReplyDelete