Friday, July 19, 2013

The Countdown

During the summer, while Bryce is very busy at work, I normally take the kids down south to see family and the big city.  It kills time, is fun (and exhausting), and we get to see a lot of people that we miss dearly.  But airplane tickets from Alaska (especially with three kids) are not cheap, summer here is so lovely, and Porter had a lot of camps and sports planned, so this year I decided to just stay home.  I thought it would make our summer long and glorious and never ending.  And it sort of did.  We've spent a lot of time outside in the sun.

But suddenly I realized that school starts again in about a month.  We are horribly behind on Porter's summer homework.  We haven't been to the library once (I really had a grand plan to go once a week to get new books).  We haven't been to the pool with the water slide, or gone berry picking, or on all those hikes I thought about.  I feel like we've been busy, and I do have some pictures of us at the beach, but honestly I can't really figure out what we've been doing this whole time.  I haven't even called my sister, and she moved to a new state weeks ago (I'm really sorry Caitlin).

So with one month left, hopefully I will get it together.  I can feel the allure of the school schedule calling me, but I'd love to enjoy this last bit of sunshine with all my kiddos at home.  Library visits are optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment