Tuesday, July 30, 2013

13.1

So, besides kids and chickens, every once in awhile I do something else too.  And last weekend I ran my first ever half marathon.  I had only ever run a couple of shorter races, and wasn't sure of passing etiquette or how to run through the water aid stations, but I had a blast.  I only run by myself normally, and running with a crowd of people (relatively speaking, this was still a small town event) was kind of exciting.  The route went right past my house, so Bryce and the kids stood on the highway to cheer me on.  I'm not sure where to go next, but I hope another race is in my future.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Jessy! Thats a big accomplishment.

    I thought of you the other day when my son had another bad incident in Fred Meyer. It resulted in him being sent home from Anchorage. I've since decided the store has a spell on me when I'm there with my kids, hehehe...
    See blog post from last week for details.

    Hope you're enjoying the summer and cooler weather. :)

    Zoya

    ReplyDelete