Saturday, February 18, 2012

Farm Animals and Meatballs

Cedar spends her fair share of time on the kitchen floor while I cook or otherwise get things done around the house.  We have a sliding glass door in there that leads out to our deck, and the chickens have taken a shining to hanging out there, looking in.  Most likely because I throw them peanut butter and jelly crusts and leftover scrambled eggs when I'm feeling nice.  But Cedar also enjoys their company, and the whole lot of them like to just sit and stare at each other through the glass.

Yesterday I turned around and Cedar was happily playing peek-a-boo with several attentive chickens (please ignore my dirty window).  My first thought was how adorable it was.  And then I thought it was a little sad, my poor neglected third child, no one to pay attention to her but farm animals.





I'm Cooking: Asian Meatballs with Sesame Lime Dipping Sauce, Roasted Curry Cauliflower and Rice.  These were a new twist on meatballs, and easy to throw together with supplies you have on hand.  I left out the water chestnuts, used one pound ground venison, and added minced garlic and ginger.  My kids were suspicious, but ended up eating them.  Alas, no one in my house likes cauliflower but me, but roasting it is delicious.  Yum.

1 comment:

  1. i too love roasted cauliflower - I add cumin seeds, salt, olive oil and then parmesan cheese at the end. Funnily enough one of kids LOVES broccoli and even specifically asked for it on his birthday. Weird. Patrick

    ReplyDelete