Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June

June. This is definitely summer and we are in the thick of it. I have to admit that I haven't really been looking forward to this time like I usually do, sort of thinking that I will just have to survive by myself with three kids and no husband and no school. But it really hasn't been so bad. I'm tired and I wish that I had a little time to myself, but really, I'm pretty sure I felt like that last summer too. Cedar is fairly good at putting up with a daily routine of being shuttled from car seat to front carrier to boob and back again. I feel a little bad that I don't get a whole lot of time to just hang out with her (or put her down for any kind of stationary nap), but I think that is probably the lot of third children in general. The weather has been good so far, and friends have been plentiful.



Porter is in an art day camp this week, which has been great for him. And me too. This is the first time I've ever really left him with complete strangers for hours at a time. Preschool was different, with this camp I really have no clue what he does while I'm gone or if the teachers are nice or if he participates at all. Porter is a shy kid at first and has a hard time warming up to new situations, but he's handled this well. It's a good warm up for kindergarten in the fall. Plus it gives me time to go to Costco with only two.


We also finally managed to pick some spruce tips before they all grew too big.



I made spruce tip syrup this time. It was easy. It turned out a bit thin for pancakes, but I've been using it to sweeten my tea in the morning, and it is perfect for that. I put sugar in my tea anyway, and now it just has a little zing and vitamin C.




I'm looking forward to more good weather, the berry season, and maybe, just maybe, a little more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment