Monday, October 22, 2012

Winter


Our visits to the beach are now complete with snow suits.  It's cold!  On this particular trip, it was just me and the girls heading out for a quick stop at the beach by our house.  I geared Cedar up in that outfit, and encouraged Molly to do the same.  She had been outside that morning.  I repeated the fact that it was really cold and windy.  I offered suggestions on clothing options.  And she insisted on wearing a t-shirt, a windbreaker, and pink sneakers.  And I said okay. 

Now, when she goes to skiing lessons or preschool, I sort of force her to wear weather appropriate outfits.  But she is so stubborn.  And the theory is that she has to figure out for herself that being cold really sucks.  And that you have to wear a hat and gloves and a winter coat in October in Alaska. 

So we went to the beach.  And we stayed for about half an hour.  And by the end Molly was in tears, howling about her hands hurting.  And her coat.  And Moooooooooom.  Why did you not bring my gloves??  So we went home.  And I'm not really sure anyone learned a lesson.  Except maybe for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment