Monday, August 20, 2012

First Grade



My baby boy started first grade today!  He is no longer a lowly kindergartner, but an actual grader, moving one step higher on the totem pole.  Compared to last year, the day was fairly anti-climactic and calm.  It will take some adjusting back to the early morning schedule, plus he will have a longer day of classes, but we were all excited to get back in the swing of things.  I'm a little nervous about this year, his teacher and the school, but Porter managed to make it all seem like no big deal.  He actually asked me (in a quiet little voice) this morning if maybe I could not go with him.  A request that sadly was not honored (I thought I had a few years before he didn't want me around), but I think that an after school ice cream treat more than made up for it.  Growing up and moving forward!    

No comments:

Post a Comment