Friday, June 1, 2012

School's Out!

Yesterday was Porter's last day of Kindergarten.  I really can't believe how quickly this year passed, and how much he has accomplished.  I was a little teary saying good bye to his teacher and his first real classroom.  And I have to say I haven't been too terribly excited about summer break.  This is my favorite season here, and I love all that summer weather has to offer.  But Bryce is busy, and being home with three kids all the time by myself can be tiring.  Not to mention Cedar's recent really horrible sleeping schedule.  One thing I was looking forward to was not having to wake Porter up in the morning.  Even if we all get up early, not having that battle be the first thing we do every day is going to be really nice.  Even on the last day of school, he moaned and groaned his way into the world.

So after school, I was going through the mountains of paper that Porter brought home, and I found this, a bit about what he is grateful for:


If you can't read kindergarten writing, that first line says, "thank you for waking me up."  It's to me.  And here I thought he hated me for it.  When I asked him about it, he told me that if it weren't for me, he'd miss the bus every day.  Thanks bud.  Really.  It means a lot.

Also, we've been making homemade fruit roll-ups.  I can't believe I had never done this before.  It's so easy, and the girls ate the whole batch in one day.  Yum.


Enjoy your summer!  Ours is off to a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment